Career Opportunity: Technical Sales Manager
Position: Technical Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Status: Regular full-time
mOasis uses Innovative Science to develop a low cost material for Sustainable Water Management enabling the efficient use of water by the agricultural industry. The company has been growing steadily, and is looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our team.
Provide technical support to key agricultural distributors, retailers, and growers with the objective of increasing sales of current and future mOasis products.
1. Direct sales calls on growers, agricultural distributors, and retailers to introduce, sell, and provide technical support for the mOasis product line.
2. Management of new customer inquiries, university contacts, retailer and grower meetings, field plots and demonstration tours, and other activities necessary to promote and support the sale of mOasis products.
3. Develop and implement 1,3, and 5 year business plans for assigned territory.
• Mandatory Requirement – extensive and current relationships (from Los Banos North to Chico) with key growers of high value crops (tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, strawberries, etc.), and contacts in the following groups: agricultural distributors (and their PCAs/CCAs), retailers, independent PCAs/CCAs
• Successful candidate should have a bachelor of science degree in an agricultural science, preferably relating to high value crops.
• 5-10 years direct experience in selling agricultural inputs in California
• Candidate should have, or be able to obtain their Pest Control Advisors or Certified Crop Advisor license within 6 months of hiring.
• Field experience in the high value crop production area, specifically in the use of irrigation and fertility and their application to high value crop production.
• Knowledge of field plot design and experimental procedures
• Strong organizational skills
• Good presentation skills
• Valid drivers license
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Successful candidate should be a self starter who can work without continuous direct supervision within an overall team environment.
Grower Relations Manager position will require 20 – 30 % overnight travel.
mOasis. is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or handicap.